Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today in Uganda

Today as Brent and I were on our way down town to buy Bibles for a church plant this coming weekend, we came upon a young man who eagerly approached us. He said to me, “what are you doing in Kampala?” I said “I am a missionary” His smile grew large and he said with expectation “I need to be saved”. “I’m tired of living in gilt and doing all these bad things. He said I don’t want to steal and lie and be mean any more. I need to be saved. So Brent and I proceeded to lead him in some scriptures and explain that to live for Christ is death to yourself and a new life in Christ Jesus. I went from there and bought him a Bible and took it back to him and gave him some things to read to start him off. I’m going to be meeting with him from now on. Pray he will become a true disciple of Jesus and change the world. His name is Bruce, He is 18 years old. The harvest is truly is great but the workers are few, therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out workers in to the field…

3 comments:

Aaron said...

You Rock!! Tell Bruce he will be getting some prayers from the United States via the Holy Spirit. You will also be getting some extra, extra prayer! Way to go Bro!

Caleb and Ashley Brown said...

That Holy Spirit...He's a sneaky one! Leading people to Jesus and stuff. Sounds like He is still building the Church. Thanks for the update my friend...let's us know that prayer works. Much love my friend.
"Give it to Jesus...Thank You God Forever!"

joann boswell said...

that is so awesome Seth! God is so ridiculously good!