Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Going away party at Woolleys home two night before leaving for Mexico






















4:00am Alarm goes off inappropriately load nearly sending me into panic. I arrive at the Redmond airport at five and check my bags in. On the plan and heading for L.A.X by 6:00am. Sitting by a wealthy business man who ended up telling me about how he made his first eight million before he turned thirty five, how nothings had ever fulfilled him and had been through four marriages so far. I was able to share some stories about the kindness and goodness of Jesus Christ and testify of His redeeming power in a life. That was great. Two hour layover in L.A. Changed airlines and flue Mexicana to Cancun. Made it through customs without my baggage for it had been lost when I changed airlines and it turned out that Alaskan air ended up losing a ton of bags from my flight. Left the airport to find my ride and I had mis-communicated and so I jumped a bus and found my way to Playa Del Carmen which was about fifty miles south of Cancun airport. Took off from the bus stop in Playa with guitar in hand and my small backpack and went looking for the house I’ll be living in. After two hours I found it, fortunately it was raining so hard that I couldn’t see ten feet in front of me and it was very dark and I was really unfamiliar with the area… so I had the going for me:). I did find everything eventually and even now as I’m writing this blog, my bags have come to the front gate. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Well that’s it for now and I’ll be updating this as needed. Love you all. Bondservant...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cassie said...

hooray!
i was coming to comment on the last post and beg you to update when you got there.... and lookie here; what should i find but an updated blog!!! Way to be on top of things for your friends back in bend!!!!

tonight a guy at 180 asked me if you had left...he seemed a little sad that he didn't get to say goodbye. Unfortunately i don't know his name.

bless you on this adventure. Make sure to post lots of amazing pictures... make me wishing i was there... or just that i had taken such rad pics!!

Caleb and Ashley Brown said...

Heya buddy. Congrats on running headlong in the perfect will of God for your life. Keep us posted. Love you man.

joann boswell said...

the top picture is amazing.
tell the grigg's hi for me...they are my Psalms bookmarker, so I think of them & pray for them daily (maybe now that you're down there I'll draw a stick figure of you on the picture of them so I'll remember to include you in my prayers:)