Wednesday, January 30, 2008


So I've been taking pictures of doors now for a while and I really wanted to put them on my blog. However it seemed I needed a great reason for posting a bunch of door pictures. So I had a most wonderful idea. I would get on the internet and find a poem about a door and put it with my pictures. Unfortunately for me good door poems are a hard thing to find these days. So I took the liberty of just writing my own. I call it “The Forgotten Door”. Enjoy.


“The Forgotten Door”
Passed potential dimly fades; a tattered door stands in the shade. Once a chance for something great; this door now stands in battered shape. Whether life played cruel games or wrong decisions overcame; with no hope left within its frame this old door stands with none to blame. But looking on from far away a Crafter sees what none would clam, yet caring not what others see He runs to save what can’t be seen. Potential is the word He hears within His heart within His ears; leaving all His other goods, He runs to save the broken wood. Not seeing all the ragged mess, the missing hinges the woods distress. He only sees what will be found a perfect work in the Crafters hands.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Luke & Kristin said...

a couple of these doors are hanging in our office ;-)
what a COINCIDENCE!!!

Katie Scott said...

Okay, first of all, what is with everyone going to the all black blog? I don't dislike it, it's just funny. Second, you amaze me with the talents I never knew you possessed. I hope you're having tons of fun - sure sounds like it!

Anonymous said...

Wow Seth, God is Great, we continue to pray with you for salvation for the lost and filling of the holy spirit for all. Thank you for serving
Jo
ladies bible study, halfway

Caleb and Ashley Brown said...

Seth, we shed a solitary ceremonially tear for the beauty of the poem... and the pictures. We love you and miss you! (How bout a picture and a poem of armpits... I'm just sayin....)

Anonymous said...

Hey there, this is Ginger... do you have an up and running email that you check? I need to share some information with you. Mine is still afaginger@hotmail.com
Keep in touch!
Ginger